Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sloppy Joe Sandwiches



I know Sloppy Joe is probably something most people know how to make, but I have always been a lover of the taste of Manwich. I've tried several Sloppy Joe recipes and haven't found anything that I've loved as much as Manwich. Well, due to the lack of coupons and my stockpile dwindling, I ran out of Manwich. I went on the hunt and found this recipe on Allrecipes.com. It tasted so good, my 7 year old ate two sandwiches! ;)

You will need:
1# ground beef
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. chopped green bell pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 t. yellow mustard
3/4 c. ketchup
3 t. brown sugar
salt & pepper, to taste
Hamburger buns

Brown the beef, onion and green pepper. Drain off the grease.

Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar and salt & pepper. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for a bit. (The recipe said to simmer for 30 minutes...I know I did not do that.)

Serve on hamburger buns.

ENJOY!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment